GSE Team

GSE Team
Yvonne Woutersen, Ross Paterson, Shelley Bishop, Brian Burrough, Helen Mumby

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Yvonne Woutersen - Team Member

I am a 26 year old living in Hamilton, with my partner Ben.  Originally from Holland, I have lived in New Zealand for most of my life and consider New Zealand home.  I grew up on a dairy farm in the Waikato.

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in geography and politics, and a Master of Planning degree from the University of Otago.  I currently work as a planner for Hamilton City Council.  My job involves planning for and managing land-use activities to guide how Hamilton develops into the future.  I also volunteer for search and rescue (an organisation that finds lost people in the bush) and camp quality (an organised camp for children affected by cancer). 

As most of my work is in the office, I like to get outside in my spare time.  I enjoy tramping, playing sports, in particular soccer, and spending time with family and friends. I also like to grow vegetables in the garden and enjoy painting. 

I have had an interest helping people living in poverty since a young age.  Going to Tanzania is a chance for me to experience first hand life in a developing country, and to give my time, skills and enthusiasm to make a small difference to the lives of the children at the school of St Jude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment